Saturday, February 21, 2009

New baby and a toothache

So we are absolutely loving life with our new little guy. Landon is a happy, sleepy newborn who gets cuter by the minute! He seems to have nights and days mixed up a bit, but we are working on that... Mitchell is adjusting well and doesn't seem to mind that his brother is around. It helps that his abuelita is here from Puerto Rico, so there is one more person to give him some attention.
Jason and I are so grateful for all of the help that our friends and family have been for us. We have had so many people bring us meals, it is so nice to know that we have so much support!
I am recovering well also. The most traumatic part of this experience has been a toothache (yes, a toothache!) that had me driving an hour to the oral surgeon shortly after being discharged from the hospital. Luckily, my sister is a wonderful dentist and she sent me to the right person who took care of it for me. As I was driving on the pike, wondering if I should be behind the wheel on so little sleep, so little nourishment, and some codeine still lingering in my system, I was picturing the scene from Cast Away when Tom Hanks takes out his own tooth with an ice skate. If you've ever experienced this kind of pain you know how excruciating it can be (yes, comparable to giving birth!). But all is well now and I am enjoying every moment with my family, toothache free!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! He is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erin! I am soooo happy for you! Gah! I hope that I will get to meet Landon soon. (I LOVE that name, by the way...)
    I am home for spring break on March 6th (I think)... maybe we can get together?
    <3 <3 <3

    Jenna S

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH! I had no idea you were even prego! Congrats on baby#2! Ma, I should check your blog more often. :) Adorable family.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving a comment?! Right on.