And you thought I wasn't a part of the blogging world anymore, HA! I am, albeit sporadically, still here. The following post is meant serve as a bow around my finger.
Every once in a while I will make a stellar dinner. Is that OK to say? After eating every last bite, Jason and I will look at each other and know that the particular meal was a keeper. BUT, when I go to menu plan, I tend to forget any meal I've ever made. It's a mental block really, perhaps just so this little post would be written.
Below is a list of my favorite meals to prepare, with a bit of side information. I'll continue to add to it periodically, so that I can glance back when I'm off to the grocery store and have forgotten my faves. So here it goes:
- Turkey Tacos: fresh corn from the cob, avocados, and tomatoes. Note, hard shells are making a comeback.
- Salad with Marinated Chicken: fresh spinach and romaine, tomatoes, grapes, feta, grilled chicken (marinade: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, basil). Note, cornbread is fantastic with this meal.
- Pasta Fagiole & Wheat Ciabatta: large pasta shells, homemade sauce, pinto beans, Uncle Tony's recipe (enough said).
- Turkey Burgers & Sweet Potato Fries: made with ground turkey, cooked spinach, sautéed onions and garlic. Note, if there is someone out there that doesn't like sweet potato fries, I want to meet them. Also, this burger topped with caramelized onions is phenomenal. Anything with caramelized onions is phenomenal.
- Grilled Pizza: LOVE!!!! whole wheat pizza dough, whatever toppings are on hand (new fave: hummus, feta, kalamata olives, chicken- thanks Ang!) Brush dough with evoo, grill each side 3 min. add toppings, grill to perfection.
- Shepard's Pie: Ground Turkey with shredded carrots, onions, allspice, corn, mashed potatoes Note, it took seven years to make a good mashed potato, still haven't perfected it. Don't forget the whole berry cranberry sauce.
- BBQ Chicken Chili: Shredded Chicken, BBQ Sauce, grated carrots, onions, chili powder, salt, pepper, tomato paste. Served on a roll- fabulous. With homemade mac and cheese- even better.