Sunday, January 4, 2015

Treetop Friends Nursery Decor

A recent visit from my cutie pie niece inspired me to post some art I made for her nursery when she was born (she's one now, I procrastinate :).

My brother and sister-in-law had registered for some Skip Hop items that were part of the Treetop Friends line. Everything was so sweet! We chose to buy the mobile like the one pictured below.

www.skiphop.com

Seeing these cute little critters gave me the inspiration to paint a few canvases to go along with the theme:




I love the light pink background. While I normally use acrylic paints, this was a sample of wall paint from Lowe's that was perfect for this project (I watered it down quite a bit so that it wasn't too thick). I also used some scrap booking paper for the leaves, which added a little bit of dimension to the paintings.

They were a pleasure to paint, and even more rewarding was a trip to meet Eliza and spend time with family. We are all smitten with her, and will definitely be looking forward to more visits. In the meantime, I'm in the mood to paint some more, and nursery decor is pretty fun. So, who needs some artwork for baby?!   

  

1 comment:

  1. Oh, a post from my Erin! Yay! How very sweet these are, Erin. I still have and love the pieces you made for Aria and Liam, even though they are not displayed in their room anymore since all the colors are changing. But they are treasures! Just in case you are thinking of me... I confess I do not need wall art for the nursery because I am stitching EVERYTHING in site. It's out of control! haha.

    Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving a comment?! Right on.