Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Summer Time

Summer has definitely come to a close and Fall is upon us. I am looking forward to crisp air, hearty dishes, all things pumpkin, and most of all, the fun fall memories we will create with our little guys. Speaking of which, I am happy to be sitting down to finally write about our dog days of summer. I am so grateful that I have been able to stay at home with Mitchell and Landon over these months, and I will certainly treasure the moments we had together as a family, especially when the day comes when I begin teaching full time again.

Over these months we've had all sorts of excitement which have included:

Celebrating Mitchell's second birthday at the Tornado's game. We had a wonderful day surrounded by family and friends, and even a special visit from Abu!



Venturing in to Boston for the 4th of July to watch the fireworks with boys in tow. They both did great, probably better than I did. I guess Jason is starting a new streak, we'll see if he can beat 12 years in a row!


Heading to New Jersey to visit with Chris and Kim (who are such wonderful hosts!). We went to the Jersey Shore, Linvilla Orchards, and spent some time relaxing at the house. We played a little American Idol on the Wii, and although I've never been known for my voice, I really impressed the judges with my version of "Hey There Delilah"


Our annual family vacation to Cape Cod, which was nothing short of wonderful. The week was full of beach trips, boys playing and laughing, shopping, relaxing, good food, even better company, birthday celebrations and family portraits on the beach. Really, family vacations are the best and we are already counting down the months until next years trip!






1 comment:

  1. Mitchell and Landon are getting soo big, we can't wait to see you guys.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving a comment?! Right on.