Thursday, April 21, 2011

Grilled Pizza



I can't believe I've kept this from you for so long. We enjoy this deliciousness almost once a week. Our favorite pizzas to make are: barbecue with caramelized onions (heavenly), spinach and feta, and cheese and pineapple for the little guys. Go ahead and give it a try, you WON'T be disappointed (I promise the dough won't fall through the slots in a gooey mess)...

Here are the steps:

1. Preheat Grill
2. Roll out pizza dough (I've made the dough at home, but frankly I'm not that good at making anything to do with yeast, so I prefer to buy it in the bakery section of our grocery store)
3. Coat one side with olive oil and corn meal
4. Place on grill for about 4 minutes or until bottom is crisp
5. Remove from Grill and add sauce. P.S. You never need to buy jarred pizza sauce again, simply follow the recipe at smittenkitchen for Moderately Easy Tomato Sauce . I added some fresh basil- perfecto!
6. Add cheese and other toppings and place back on grill for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

GO!

1 comment:

You're leaving a comment?! Right on.