Friday, June 17, 2011

Love my new produce bags!

I used to be surprised at how many people weren't using reusable shopping bags. I'm not sure why someone wouldn't use them, knowing how wasteful traditional plastic bags can be. Although I shouldn't judge the plastic bag users- sometimes I forget my bags at home, and once in a while I still opt for the plastic because they can be convenient to have for, well, um...dog poop. Sorry, no way around that one.

Oh yes, I know, there was that study where they tested someone's reusable bags and found they held more germs than the county fair port-a-potty (they say the same thing about your computer keyboard- just sayin'). But you can wash them friends! As a matter of fact, I washed mine tonight and even sprayed down the removable bottom part- good as new. Doesn't sound like an exciting way to spend a Friday evening? Well, I was listening to some Mumford and Sons and sipping sangria while my boys (all three) wrestled in the next room. It was actually a pleasant experience.

Anyway, lately I have been surprised at the number of people who are using the reusable bags. The other day, the person in front of me, the person behind me, and the person at the next register over were all using them. It was like we were a little posse- sort of.

And now I'm excited about my reusable produce bags- I'm always getting comments from the cashiers on how much they like them. Don't I look totally cool with the bags thrown over my shoulder?


Who needs a Longchamp when you have one of these? OK, I do.

11 comments:

  1. hahahahhaha, that's hysterical! You need to go to the Price Rite and see the shenanigans going on over there....not only are they not using reusable bags, they're not using plastic ones either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about how I feel so wasteful when I use the plastic produce bags and proceed to put them in my reusable shopping bags. Where did you find these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Erin, you'll have to take me to Target when I visit, so I can introduce those reusable shopping bags to this plastic-crazy island!!! Read this recent sad news: http://www.eluniverso.com/2011/05/06/1/1430/ballena-hallada-puerto-rico-murio-bolsas-plastico.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is a sad story, Juany :( We will have to find some bags for you to bring back to PR. I think it's great when stores offer 5 cents off your bill for each reusable bag- that might be the kind of incentive people need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get them too. The cashiers are always trying to wrap my meat in plastic before putting it in my grocery bags. Yesterday I finally said, "I wash them!" One has to defend herself from plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still like to get the plastic bags-what else do you do with poopy diapers? I don't want to have to take them outside everytime since I have quite the pooper!!Love the idea of reusable produce bags-never saw those before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. purplehaz.blogspot.com
    hey dear..
    check it out !

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI! I'm Kathryn. I found your blog by just surfing around. I hope it's okay if I follow you!
    As for plastic vs. reusable bags. I have a couple reusable bags, but not many (and they don't look nearly as fancy as yours.) I just use what I can and then use plastic for the remainder of my groceries.
    <3- Kathryn
    http://ouramazingadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Faljo.com - Your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    We specialize in providing innovate and high quality solutions that helps our clients in gaining an edge over their competitors. We ensure that we have a good understanding of the client's expectations, goals and objectives before developing a project.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving a comment?! Right on.